Metro Cabs affiliates have historically been preventative and prepared, offering customers responsive, competent and excellent service. Our school certified affiliates pick-up and deliver school students with special needs including, but not limited to, alternative education programs, work programs, out of district facilities, and after school programs. We offer many options to accommodate the various needs of your students, including homeless students and those with disabilities. Utilizing our transportation services, your school can be reassured that Metro Cabs affiliates:
- Follows the guidelines as required by Public Act 097-0224 and the amended Illinois Vehicle Code.
- Metro Cabs SBP (School Bus Permit) drivers are independent contractors who are mandated to be covered by the required State of Illinois $2 million policy.
- Metro SBP drivers are all State of Illinois certified.
- Must attend the state-sponsored, eight-hour initial class.
- Yearly refresher classes put on by the State of Illinois.
- SBP drivers must submit to a complete, fingerprint-based criminal background check controlled by the state and federal governments.
- Yearly physical including a complete drug screen and TB test.
Metro Cabs Dispatch and its affiliates stand ready and willing to meet your most important transportation needs. Please contact Anita Rivera, Metro Dispatch School Coordinator, at 847-263-9700 or email [email protected] for further information.